Thursday, October 27, 2016

NCBJ Report 2016: The Streets of San Francisco

I am resuming my coverage of the National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges this year.   Last year the demands of work kept me off the blog.   NCBJ 2016 is taking place in San Francisco.  A few random observations.    People in San Francisco wear jackets even when it isn't cold.   There are mica specks in the sidewalk that make them glitter when the light hits them.   The Golden Gate Bridge looks incredible when it is lit up at night. 

Another observation is that San Francisco is one of the most expensive cities to live in.  I am told that a 700 square foot teardown sells for a million dollar.  However, in walking the streets, I noticed that they were teeming with milennials.    It makes me wonder where they live and how they live.

I started NCBJ wondering why I agreed to wake up at 5:00 a.m. to go running.   This year was the Seventh Annual Wake Up and Run event.   About 70 runners got to experience the darkened streets of San Francisco and the waterfront for a 5k fun run. The turnout was impressive given the early hour and the prior night's festivities.  As usual, I finished near the back of the pack but I was not alone.   It was a good way to start the conference and see some of the City.   

No comments: